Login through Steam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification and Perspective

So many rules are supposedly being "twisted" according to the players of the server.

So to clarify, I question myself on the following,

Prop Surfing
Any area of the map that is inaccessible without using props is considered unreachable.
Prop surfing into the sky is allowed as long as you're in plain sight.

So.. what about being in a place that is inaccessible but you can still be shot there? Does it apply to this? It sounds like a contradiction to "Any area of the map that is inaccessible without using props is considered unreachable." if so because you'll be allowing people to be in an inaccessible spot that relies on propsurfing methods. Is this slayable, warning worthy, or tolerated?

If you need a better understanding of what I mean, take a look at this image below.

[Image: 1115v6v.jpg]

As for RDM,

RDM
1st time - Slay*
2nd time - Slay*
3rd time - Slay 2 rounds*
4th time - Ban 24 hours
5th time - Ban 5 days
* This only applies if a report has been filed.
* If multiple RDM's are filed same round it is still considered a first time unless
there are 3 or more reports then slay for 2 rounds.
* Also if the reporting player decides a slay is not necessary that is fine as some things can be accidental.
* As a moderator you need to listen to both sides of the report to base your decision.
* All Slays will be done at next round.
* If you're slain for RDM, you have to stay the whole round or it's considered RDM & leave.

there are 2 important quotes here.

* Also if the reporting player decides a slay is not necessary that is fine as some things can be accidental.
* As a moderator you need to listen to both sides of the report to base your decision.

Yes, we all make mistakes. Me, you, everybody. So as a mod, if I decide the person doesn't need a slay because of a misunderstanding, leave it be. You must understand both perspectives when listening to both sides and put yourself in their position. As a lot of people know, I have a girlfriend who is also a mod here but I don't give her any special treatment believe it or not, but same goes for all of our regulars, if a "random" comes in and killed you by a COMPLETE ACCIDENT, and I decide to give them a warning instead of a slay... please understand that it's because Fryman's rules may not be the same on other servers and we all have misunderstandings and forget to read or look over certain parts of the rules. Of course, multiple times of RDM after the warning will lead to slays and bans according to the rules but as mods, we aren't here to babysit each and everyone of you. We are here to see everything go smoothly, help our players, and HAVE FUN. If I let my emotions come in and start showing no mercy to anyone who does any little stupid thing and start slaying and banning straight off the rules and put in a little bias because I don't like that person then am I really having fun? So please, don't freak out if you don't get to see the person you reported punished the way you wanted... it isn't easy for everyone and we must let things go. This doesn't make any of us bad mods so please don't start tensions across the server regarding this.

As for all the mods here, yes... we all may have our faults and make mistakes BUT.. We shouldn't get aggressive with each other and create this meaningless conflict. I'm a very open person and i'm willing to work together with all the mods and we should all work together instead of beating each other up for making a mistake in the rules. If something is wrong, then don't yell.. don't get offended.. politely talk to each other. We are all young teens and adults and we should be willing to compromise with each other for the best of the server we enjoy. Feel free to mention if agree with this mentality.

Anyway, for everyone here who reads this, we mods aren't here to disobey, bend, or abuse the rules and our powers. We just want to have fun and enjoy playing with the people we meet on the server and help you guys out to the best of our ability!

(I hope ALL mods feel this way... if so.. they will be speaking with Fryman... not me ;-;.)
Praise The Sun

[Image: eALONjN.png]

ok not to say your wrong but what is the big deal as long as they can be seen and killed whats it matter if someones in an unreachable spot and the only reason the rule is there in the first place is because people who dont know how to do it complained about it instead of asking how to do it so imo the rule should be changed to simple put as long as player can be killed and seen from more then one angle

another point i want to bring up is this read the rule tell me where it says we can not go there

Prop Surfing
Any area of the map that is inaccessible without using props is considered unreachable.
Prop surfing into the sky is allowed as long as you're in plain sight.

from what i see it only said it is consider unreachable doesn't say you cant do it and even if you say its implied i am taking it the way it is written so in fact we can do it

From the picture I see I can be hit and it is considered unreachable but there are no punishment nor does it say we are not allowed in that area . Plus , many of you always tells us that you are going to slay us , or slay NR (next round ) Remember you cannot make up your rules or punishments fry said and I quote " don't make up your own rules " the rules clearly states that it is an unreachable area. It doesn't claim that you cannot go there . And like fry says it's just a game

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I agree with ALL OF YOU. This is kind of my point so that is why I've used the word "twisting" regarding the rules...

This is sort of my issue, there is this spot on cs_assualt that we are supposedly not allowed to go on from what I was told by other mods. add_123 has gotten in trouble for going into this spot as well and it causes a major problem since he was once slain for it.

I just want a better understanding of this because I surely don't want anyone to get in trouble for it, including myself. I normally don't take any actions regarding propsurfing and I just play the game though it ruins the fun for others if another mod comes and slay them for something that is unclear and it effects all mods because then we become targeted.

Top left of the map there is a building and a gate you can jump upon to get there but as well as prop surf there though yes, you can be shot there.... you supposedly can't go there and I don't seem to understand why.

The area is

[Image: csassault0001t.jpg]
Praise The Sun

I can get over there, but it's too hard when I'm a prop since I like to be the pole that only has one health. I have seen people on other servers carry props over there with them, but that is really tough.

Worst case scenario is that someone gets over there and doesn't come out from behind the building so they can be shot at. Then I just tp myself or someone else there instead of slaying them. They do get a little warning though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!
Using Tapatalk

I don't understand why most of the people on the server find it imperative to get into certain spots or prop hunt that, sure, everyone who knows how can get there but most don't.

Just play the fucking game and stop jerking around with secret spots and prop surfing; this isn't prop hunt and we could get through more games if the traitors would actually do their job and the terrorists would stop fucking around.
[Image: mr45cm.png]

(05-16-2014, 11:31 PM)EsCaRgOt Wrote: I don't understand why most of the people on the server find it imperative to get into certain spots or prop hunt that, sure, everyone who knows how can get there but most don't.

Just play the fucking game and stop jerking around with secret spots and prop surfing; this isn't prop hunt and we could get through more games if the traitors would actually do their job and the terrorists would stop fucking around.

I agree, especially with the fucking around part. I'm just trying to play the game and have fun but prop surfing and secret stuff begins to delay the game and cause issues.

I want to know.. what do I do about this? What can I do? I mean, I tell them to get off nicely or please not do it but it is not like they listen. So as a mod, I want to know what is the best thing to do regarding this.
Praise The Sun

I Agree With Escargot and Icarus On This Topic.

You can't do anything about it because there is not a specific rule addressing it.
[Image: mr45cm.png]