Login through Steam

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to making changing/ editing your binds SUPER EASY!

Hello everyone so I have been suggesting to a lot of the Mods and some of the Ops to make a file that holds all your special binds like your table flipping binds...
I have been doing this for a long time and it makes life super simple when it comes to editing binds or just remembering what certain binds do.

<<<EXAMPLE>>>
[Image: adK10aI.png]

Lets begin!
Super quick tip if you dont want to rewrite all your binds all you have to do is open config.cfg and find your custom binds that you already made and copy them over to your new file.
  1. Open Notepad and or suggested Notepad++ or my personal fav Sublime Text3.
  2. // <--This begins a comment super useful if you are binding numpad keys comments are ignored by the script.
  3. To bind a key use bind "key" "command here" see above image for example.
  4. After you are done making all your binds what you want to do is click save or save as and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg or C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg if you are using a 32bit system (if you did a custom install location for steam then just find Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg)
  5. SUPER IMPORTANT!! When you save, where it says "save as type" choose "all files" and where it says "file name" name it whatever you like just make sure you have .cfg at the end or else it will not work. Example--> "binds.cfg"
  6. Next what you want to do if the file "autoexec.cfg" is not already in your cfg folder you will want to create it (sometimes its their by default sometimes its not.) so your going to open your favorite text editor and save the file with "save file as" "all files" and the name must be "autoexec.cfg"
  7. Now that the file is created you want to open autoexec and type this once open exec "filenamehere.cfg" or exec "file_name_here.cfg" so for example mine would be something like exec "binds.cfg" and then save it
  8. So i am assuming you are doing all this with gmod closed if that's the case then all you have to do is launch gmod, if by chance you are doing this while you have gmod open then simply open the console and type exec autoexec.cfg and press enter however if you did everything correctly then it should also start suggesting the autoexec file after you type exec aut...
  9. And that is it your done when you want to edit the file you simply just open whatever you named your file with all the binds in it and edit the binds and then just save the changes and go in console if you have the game open and type exec autoexec.cfg
  10. That's it.
Any questions please PM or comment down below or msg me on steam.Heart
[Image: heoXMWQ.png]

Super thankful for everyone that this guide helps!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk