Login through Steam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For your consideration...

Star 
Ladies & Gentleman,

I know I haven't been on in awhile, at least not as much as I used to, and one of the direct causes of this is the consistent amount of, lack for a better word, "drama" that has slowly crept into our beloved server; I've got a new wife and job that requires more time and stress than I care to get into.

However, I came to this server through Prop Hunt and Fryman's original and creative mind towards how a server should be run. I consider him, and many of you, my friends that share a love of computer games and community; I made my way to TTT as a way to tap into my FPS side of my brain.

This forum is a way for all of us to connect on a more personal level that allows more correspondence over the few seconds we can get a word in on our microphones or small blocks of text in the servers. We are going to fight, we are going to dislike other players who are either better than us, have different opinions or personalities than us, and we're going to see examples of all of us displaying our personal flaws.

I have my flaws, I care deeply about people and will fight for any one of you within my limits to enhance our playing time. However, I also have a temper that can flair when someone is better with the sniper rifle than me *cough* add_123 *cough* or maybe a little jealous when some get more recognition after a round. Those are my flaws and they seep through sometimes. This is not an excuse for me to use my earned, or bought, power to take my rage out on others in the server. My main goal is to maximize the amount of joy and regular players on the server and my attitude cannot contend with this "endgame", if you will.

Look, the moderators are the mods because they deserve it. Some more than others and, in the long run, yes, we all paid in one way or another (monetarily or otherwise) to receive these privileges; it is laid out in the rules that we lose these "powers" if we abuse them and I have seen it happen. The fact of the matter is that I would say 90% of us paid for the power because we care and wanted to donate to the server because we all, deep down, thought we could make a difference. Using this tidbit by regulars on the server to lay an insult against us is undeserved.

On the flip side, neither Fry nor myself can be on the server 24/7 and things are going to slip through the cracks (which is why the Ban Appeals was setup in the first place). Moderators should not be abusing the rules to fit their agenda in any way, they should not be ganging up against regulars or newbies, they should not be doing things and then hiding behind the beautiful tag in front of their name. Remember why you paid or earned your moderator position in the first place...to make a difference, not to be able to slay or ban people. Practice humility, expand your mind outside of your social box, administer punishment and gifts wisely, and be reassuring to new and regular players alike to foster a kindred community.

We need to strive and be the breath of fresh air to the TTT & Prop Hunt community when they come in our server. As regulars and moderators alike, we need to be better. This website and the amazing things Fryman adds is turning us into a powerhouse to be reckoned with.

As for the ban appeals, is it worth it in the long run? A week ban is not that long to "take a break" but, on the flip side, the regular that has insisted on coming here to make an appeal obviously cares enough to express his want to be back on as soon as possible; would it be that much to just remove the ban or shorten it? I am the first to slay myself when I RDM someone or send a new player 1000 points to use in the shop just because I want to keep great players. Someone, some way, needs to step up and be the bigger person and just let bygones be bygones.

That's all I have to say on the recent "drama."

In the words of the incredible John Lennon..."All we are saying, is give peace a chance."
[Image: mr45cm.png]

Just wanted to thank you for this post and share my appreciation for your love of the server and its continuous growth. Your attitude is a great one to have and i hope it becomes infectious.

Yeah TTT did bring a hell lot of drama compared to Prop Hunt. But even with all the RDM, false KOSING and all the damn reports, we just keep coming back to it. Because it's just a fun game. And that's all it is. A god damned game. Just have fun.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXO6S1rIaFxUc0TA72hUa...0-FRGQ5yuT] [Image: Aragorn_Jenkins_by_Travuersa.gif]

This is so touching EsCaRgOt <3 . (No HOMO)